Campus Library News
FIVE New Things Going On In the Library
1) Check out our new website. We have a picture of many of our parent volunteers under the “About Us” tab. www.cmslibrary.org
2) Stickering! We are in the process of re-stickering all fiction & biography books to make it easier for kids to find books. We finished the biography section before break and now we are ready to start on the A’s in fiction.
3) eLibrary…the Digital Library called Overdrive is now up and running. Students can access Overdrive now, but we will be showing them how to use Overdrive and download books to their devices in December. We are thinking of doing a big display and maybe even a commercial or a video for students to watch and learn how to use Overdrive.
4) 700 NEW CHROMEBOOKS!!! The library is collaborating with Mr. Sterling, Campus Technology Coordinator and Instructional Coach. We received 700 laptops and carts and we are trying to get those in to the classrooms as soon as possible.
5) Multi-lingual section—we are trying to make our library culturally responsive. We are working on adding a section and a display of multi-lingual books. We have so many kids from so many countries and speak different languages. We want kids to see that we are reaching out to their culture and languages.
ALSO STAY TUNED FOR A
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING SOON